Nothing matches a child’s excitement like finding a Lionel Train under the tree on Christmas morning. In Santa’s Special Delivery, Thomas Kinkade Studios captures the magic of Christmas Eve and Lionel Electric Trains.
We are proud to present this historic Christmas image, Santa’s Special Delivery, which marks the first time Thomas Kinkade Studios has featured Santa Claus in a painting set inside a home. We hope that your collectors enjoy this unique interior perspective and that it evokes warm memories of cherished family Christmas traditions.
- Each train included in Santa’s Special Delivery is from the Lionel Prewar Tin Plate Era, which lasted from 1900 to 1942.
- The red train on the bookcase is the Commodore Vanderbilt, one of the most famous Lionel Trains in history, and a toy railroad hobbyists’ favorite to this day. Fitted with a sheet metal shroud, it became the first streamline locomotive in America.
- The black engine is the 262 Lionel Prewar Locomotive and Tender.
- The engine in the set displayed around the Christmas tree is emblazoned with the road number 1900, while the tender proudly bears the “Lionel Lines” badge, and “Lionelville” is etched on the passenger cars.
- The home is decorated in an authentic Pre-World War II style, complete with fresh popcorn and burning candles adorning the tree, and handmade stockings lining the fireplace.
- Above the mantle sits Thomas Kinkade’s Home for the Holidays – one of the artist’s popular Christmas paintings.