Led by The Joker, the worst villains from Gotham City have escaped Arkham Asylum, bringing mayhem, violence, and destruction to the streets. Only one person can stop these criminal monsters – the Dark Knight.
In The Dark Knight Saves Gotham City, the true strength of Batman’s power is made manifest. Summoned to Gotham City by the Bat-Signal, the Caped Crusader and his sidekick Robin face a formidable challenge as their most evil nemeses have joined forces. The Joker, Harley Quinn, The Penguin, Mr. Freeze, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, and their band of evil masterminds are stopped dead in their tracks as the heroes arrive. As lightning races across the city skies, the Dark Knight and his companion prepare to fight an epic battle to save the citizens of Gotham City – a battle that the world’s most power crime fighters will undoubtedly win.
- This painting features some of Batman’s most powerful foes, including The Penguin, The Joker, Harley Quinn, Mr. Freeze, Two-Face, Clayface, The Riddler, Bane, Poison Ivy, Killer Croc and Scarecrow.
- In the background to the left, we see Batgirl making a stealth entrance to help her friends.
- Catwoman crouches in the shadows, trying to decide if she should fight with or against the Dark Knight.
- A sign at the top of one of the buildings reads “The Flying Graysons,” which pays tribute to Robin’s family.
- In the night sky, we see the bright “W” on the Wayne Industries building directly across from the Bat-Signal – underscoring the Dark Knight’s dual identity.
- “Gordon Cafe” and “Barbara’s Hair Salon & Spa” are named after Commissioner Gordon and his daughter, who is also known as Batgirl.
- TK Road and 16th Avenue recognize the legacy of the Studios’ founder, Thomas Kinkade, and 16th Avenue is in reference to the first appearance of Alfred Pennyworth in Batman #16.